Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Day in the Life of...

The day to day of life is interesting. Think about your day - your routine - your commitments - your convos. Think about what makes your day awesome or what can destroy it. Think about the people you interact with on a daily basis - like your parents, brothers, friends, teachers, sisters, youth pastor, etc. Think about your daily life. Do you go to practice every day? Do you read your bible every day? Do you argue with your parents every day? Do you hangout with your girlfriend every day?

Working out at camp, our day to day differs pretty often because we travel so much with our jobs and each season brings a new work schedule, like summer is 8am - midnight and SO FUN! My day to day differs depending on the time of year it is. However, I do have a few daily routines that are a must in my life and time with Jesus is one of those. I need it. I will be moody, mean, and not okay if I have not spent time in the Word. My team knows it, my friends know it, my family knows it. It is easy to tell when I am focused on the day to day for a purpose or if I am allowing ME to be the center of my day, therefore, getting frustrated when the world around me does not see ME as the center. Why would they not want me to be happy? To be first? To be the best? To be the center of their worlds? Why is everyone else not focused on making ME feel good?

This sounds pathetic, right? I get it. I sound like a selfish, mean person which I AM without Jesus. You are too. We all are. And as corny as it may sound, YOU NEED HIM EVERY DAY! You need time with Him more than you need that extra hour of band practice and more than you need that boy in your life - you need time with the guy that actually created you, made you, loves you, died for you. You need it because He deserves your attention and also because it makes your day-to-day purposeful. It makes YOU better, more likable, more like Him.

One of my favorite verses in High School was the one that makes me think of my day to day. Of how every day I want life to be about me but it is not - it is about my Savior. About living for more than me and my own comfort. Turn to 2 Corinthians 4:16 - 18 and write: "ITS NOT ABOUT ME." in the margin.

"Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly, we are being renewed DAY BY DAY. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! What are your thoughts on this post? Let us know, we love hearing your opinions! We read every single comment and appreciate your involvement in Sky Ranch and this blog!